IB Diploma Programme
The rules of being admitted to or sent from Quantum college
1. “Quantum” college is an educational center and for getting educated there one should pay. Students of grades 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 of secondary schools can get their education here.
2. The educational and pedagogical regulations of the college are controlled by the Ministry of Education and Science of the RA.
3. In the financial and staff choice aspects it’s not dependent on the Ministry and is a self-financed and a self-governed organization.
4. The syllabi of the college are formed on the basis of the state syllabi of the public secondary schools and the entrance exam programmes. Additional group or individual classes, facultative classes of certain subjects, new subject teaching classes can be organized in the college.
5. In the 10th and 11th grades of the college the teaching process is realized with special biased classes and syllabi. There are the following biases in the college: Physics and Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology, Economics, Humanities. The biased class has not more than 18 students.
6. The academic year starts in the period of September 7- 15 and ends July 15.
7. After the academic year end, from July 15 to September 15 the students of grades 8, 9, 10 and 11 are obliged to go to the military-training camp where the active rest of the students is combined with the teaching of the subject: “military former readiness”. The fee that is necessary to pay for the accommodation and food of the students for their stay in the camp is paid by both the governing body of the college and the parents.
8. After the end of the final exams additional lessons are held for the students to get ready for the entrance exams of higher educational institutions till July 15. The 9th graders also take specializing exams during or after the state exams to make it clear what branch they are going to be in the 10th grade.
9. In the college the teaching process is organized with semesters. The duration of the semesters and the holidays, the time and the ways of taking the exams, except for those which are defined by the state, are decided by the Scientific-Pedagogical Board (SPB) for each new academic year.
10. The state final exams of grades 9 and 11 are held in the subjects and time verified for all secondary schools of the RA by the Ministry of Science and Education. 11. For having the students’ knowledge checked examining periods are held for all grades in the form of exams and checking-tests. Fall and Spring Midterm exams are also held.
12. In case of failing the exam or the checking test, the student has to retake them in a certain period. The students, who get three or more failing grades and don’t retake the exams/tests successfully during the specified period, are withdrawn from the college on the basis of the SPB’s decision.
13. The students of grades 5, 6, 7, 7, 8, 9 and 10 who have passed the exams successfully are enrolled in the next grade on the basis of the SPB’s decision. The graduates get state certificates of secondary education. The enrollment of the students in the next grade is done at the end of the current academic year (by July 15) on the basis of the Parent’s application and after the token fee payment (The tuition fee is usually specified for each student by the SPB, which takes into consideration the final exam grades of the student).
14. The order to enroll the student in Quantum is done after having the student interviewed or on the basis of the entrance exam results; based on the parent’s application and the payment of the specified tuition fee part.
15. The student who hasn’t paid the tuition fee is withdrawn from the college.
16. The tuition fee rate (for the state syllabi of that grade as well as for doing the additional projects) and the way of payment for each year are decided by the SPB at the beginning of each academic year (appendix 1). The rate of the tuition depends on the grade, the number of the specialized subjects taught, intension (group and individual), and additional projects.
17. The raise of the tuition fee is permissible only in case of having the Parents’ Board agreement. For the additional services which are not defined in the school curriculum (third foreign language teaching, computer science and programming, radio club etc.) the tuition is set by the Governing Body.
18. If there are two children in the college from the same family, the second child gets a discount on the fee in the rate of 20%, in case of having three children in the college at the same time, the second child gets 20% of discount and the third child gets 30% of discount.
19. The gifted children who won the competition of that year study in the college with a scholarship or get some discounts which are defined by Contest. The next year students continue having these privileges on the basis of the decision of the attestation board, if they had excellent results during the current academic year, had no misbehavior issues, and got diplomas in different Subject-Olympiads. The student who didn’t have excellent results during the current academic year, had misbehavior issues, and got no diplomas in different Subject-Olympiads can be totally or partially be refused the privileges that they had for the tuition fees.
20. The student can’t at the same time have the privileges of points 18 and 19.
21. The best students of the college can get a scholarship, a single-time paid sum or some other award.
22. The student is obliged to come to school with a school bag, be present at all classes, do the home assignments regularly, follow the main regulations of the student behavior and the inner regulation demands of the college, not to smoke, not to make noise, and not to disturb other students and teachers.
23. The student can be dropped out of the college without warning in case of damaging the school possession, books, (if necessary making them compensate for the damage caused) for violating the inner regulation rules of the college, for misbehavior, for a bad and disrespectful attitude towards the college employees, and for bad progress during the current academic year. All the problems arising from taking a student to another school (curriculum and syllabi differences) are solved by the parent.
24. The parents take part in the inner life of the college with the help of the Parents’ Board, as well as taking part in the parents’ meetings and different events.
25. The parent is obliged to attend to the parents’ meeting and come on the demand of the teacher or the Governing Body. They must follow that the child isn’t absent from the classes and do the homework.
26. All the collective parties of the students should be approved by the Governing Body of the college.
27. If the student organizes an event at home (a birthday or some other parties), the parents of the student should let the parents of the other students and the Governing Body of the college know about it.
28. The parent may take the child to another school at any moment according to an application.
29. In case of the student’s transfer to a new school the governing body is obliged to return the tuition fee on the basis of the parent’s application beforehand taking the part of the money that covers the time period of studying in the college.
30. The college must return the tuition fee of the transferred or dropped out student in a period of 15 days after the parent introduces an application.
31. All the students must get acquainted with the all the documents that regulate the inner relations and must follow them.
32. To enroll the child or to transfer to the next grade, the parent must first get acquainted with the admission and transfer rules of that academic year, and then they write a corresponding application.
33. The admission and transfer rules and the application are documents which regulate the relations between the parent and the college during that academic year.
34. The fact that the parent is not acquainted with the college regulations is not an excuse for getting rid of the parent obligations.
The above mentioned rules are approved and confirmed by the SPB of the college on May 30, 1997, and the amendments on May 30, 2008
“Quantum” college principalCandidate of Physics and Mathematics: Robert Vardanyan
Copyright © Quantum College. All rights reserved.